A Nutritious Meal Within The Home
A healthy eating approach focused on high-fiber carbohydrates, optimal protein and healthy fats
A healthy meal offering a balanced mix of foods containing fiber-rich and nutrient-dense carbohydrates while focusing on reduced levels of refined carbohydrates, added sugars and the "hidden-sugar effect" - when carbohydrates convert to sugar when digested. You do not see the sugar, but your body surely does when digesting the food.
Thai Coconut Lime Freezer Chicken
Prep time is 8 minutes
Cook time is 22 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 1 ounce cilantro
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (optional)
- 20 ounces boneless, cooked chicken breast
- 20 ounces broccoli flower clusters
- In bowl, mix coconut, milk, basil, sugar substitute, cilantro, lime juice, salt and garlic. For more citrus flavor, add lime zest, if desired.
- Add chicken, broccoli and sauce to 1-gallon zip-top freezer bag. Squeeze out any air and seal bag. Freeze bag flat up to 1 month.
- To cook: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place in glass 8-by-8 pan and bake 20-25 minutes.